Thursday 18th January 2024
I sent a letter in September to outline key dates for Year 11 pupils for the forthcoming months. This letter will outline the GCSE and vocational examination dates for this summer. The summer GCSE examinations will start on Tuesday 7th May and finish on Wednesday 19th June 2024. The full summer examinations timetable can be found HERE. The list of other GCSE assessments, including practical and speaking assessments can be found HERE.
I have outlined some important dates below which will help you to support your child in preparation for their examinations and controlled assessments.
In January, a small number of pupils will be resitting their science controlled assessments. The dates for these assessments are listed below.
All pupils will be issued with individual timetables, for the summer examinations, during the week beginning Monday 26th February 2024. This will be an opportunity for you to check and query any examination entries. All examination changes need to be made by Friday 8th March 2024 and any amendments after this date will incur a cost. It is vitally important that all pupils sit their examinations this summer. Therefore, any holidays will not be authorised by the school.
Some important dates to be aware of:
– Science Practical NEA (resit only): Monday 22nd to Thursday 25th January 2024
– Year 11 Full Reports: w/c Monday 5th February 2024
– Year 11 Revision Open Evening: Monday 26th February 2024
– GCSE English Literature results: Thursday 7th March 2024
– GCSE External Examinations: Tuesday 7th May to Wednesday 19th June 2024
– GCSE Results Day: Thursday 22nd August 2024
Please contact the school if you require any further clarification or if you have any queries regarding the examinations. Your continued support is greatly appreciated.
Mr A Owens