20th September 2023
I am writing to inform you that the upcoming Year 11 Parents’ Evening on Monday 9th October will be held virtually. As in previous years we will be using a piece of software called School Cloud, which will enable you to connect with your child’s teachers online.
Through School Cloud, parents and carers have the flexibility to select their preferred appointment times using any internet-connected device. This eliminates the need to rely on your child for scheduling, and you won’t have to wait in line to meet with the teacher. All teachers’ availability is conveniently displayed on one user-friendly screen, making it easy for you to plan your appointment times accordingly. You can also choose to include a short message to each teacher when booking appointments to help the teacher prepare for the discussion on the evening. The booking system can be accessed by visiting: https://pontcomp.schoolcloud.co.uk/
Please be aware that bookings will be live from Wednesday 27th September at 8.30am and will close on Friday 6th October at 9.00 am.
To access School Cloud you will need the following information:
- Your child’s full name
- Your child’s date of birth
- The parent/carer’s title, first name, surname and email address (this must match what we have on our school system)
How to make an appointment
Please visit this link: https://pontcomp.co.uk/parents-evening/ where you will find a walk through guide showing how to login to the system and make an appointment.
If you have any difficulty logging into the system please contact the school office on 01792 884556.
- Appointments are made on a first come first served basis.
- Please ensure that you have logged into the system 10-15 minutes before your first appointment.
- Google Chrome is the best browser option for running the system.
- When you have selected the green button at the top, to ‘join video appointments’, a screen will allow you to test your camera, microphone and speakers. Please ensure that all 3 are working before you move to the next screen.
- When your appointment is ready, select the ‘Start appointment’ button. You will need to do this for every appointment.
- Each video appointment will last for 5 minutes, with a 1 minute break between appointment times.
- Please make sure that if there are questions you wish to ask, you do so early on in the conversation as the appointments will automatically end after 5 minutes.
If you have a concern that requires a more lengthy conversation, we request that you contact the school at a separate time.
Mr D. Lewis