30th January 2023
As you have been previously informed, the school will be closed to all mainstream pupils on Wednesday 1st February due to industrial strike action. As the school is unable to maintain our usual teaching and learning provision this Wednesday, I am therefore writing to you to outline the work that pupils should study at home during the day. Pupils should organise their own learning at home and prioritise any work that they already have to complete, such as homework or coursework tasks. In addition, a list of resources for each year group are outlined below to support pupils with remote learning on Wednesday.
- Year 7 – Pupils to work on Gwaith Cartref i Bawb Mathematics home learning project. Pupils can access their work booklet on Microsoft Teams and resources to support learning can be found here: LINK
- Year 8 – Pupils to work on Gwaith Cartref i Bawb English home learning project. Pupils can access their work booklet on Microsoft Teams and resources to support learning can be found here: LINK
On the website free audio books are available or alternatively if you would like to borrow a book from the school library, please see Mrs O’Kelly in reprographics/library.
- Year 9 – Pupils to start to revise for their forthcoming examinations. A revision pack which includes a revision list for each subject can be found here: LINK
- Year 10 – Pupils to revise for their forthcoming mock examinations. The Year 10 mock examination timetable can be found here: https://pontcomp.co.uk/exam-timetable-year-10-mocks/
This timetable will help pupils prioritise their revision for each subject over the next few weeks.
- Year 11 – Pupils to continue with their Welsh Baccalaureate Individual Project. The project contributes to 50% of their final GCSE. Pupils can access their work booklet on Microsoft Teams and resources to support learning can be found here: LINK
Further industrial action is planned for 14th February, 15th March and 16th March. We will write to you again before these dates with a further update. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the school. Your continued support is valued and appreciated.
Mr. A. Owens