Tuesday 9th January 2024
The examination timetables and controlled assessment dates that will help you support your child over the forthcoming months can be found at the following link https://pontcomp.co.uk/exam-information/ Please use this alongside the ‘Key Stage 4 Information Pack 2023-25’ which you would have received in September. The information pack can also be found on the school website: https://pontcomp.co.uk/year-10-information-evening/
All pupils will be issued with their individual examination timetables, for the Summer Examinations, during the week commencing Monday 26th February 2024. This will be an opportunity for you to check and query any examination entries. All examination changes need to be made by Friday 8th March 2024 and any amendments after this date will incur a cost.
GCSE external examinations start on Monday 13th May and will run until Monday 17th June 2024. During this period all Year 10 pupils will sit examinations that will contribute to their final GCSE grade in some subjects. It is vitally important that all Year 10 pupils sit these examinations this summer. Therefore, any holidays will not be authorised by the school.
Important dates to be aware of:
– Science Practical Controlled Assessments: Monday 15th – Friday 19th January 2024
– Internal Mock Examinations: Thursday 25th January – Thursday 8th February 2024
– Full Reports: w/c Monday 15th April 2024
– Welsh Speaking Assessments: Tuesday 16th – Thursday 18th April 2024
– GCSE external examinations: Monday 13h May – Monday 17th June 2024
Your continued support is greatly appreciated.
Mr A Owens