Hair & Beauty
Pearson BTEC Level 1 Introductory Certificate in Hair and Beauty is a skills-based qualification designed to help learners develop the personal and social skills needed to help them to progress to independent living, future employment or further vocational study. All units are 100% internally assessed. The focus is on the development of both transferable and sector skills. The development of these skills is key in helping progression to further study – whether that be to other BTECs, to apprenticeships or to training.
Ms S Gilbert
This qualification is made up of 2 core units:
- Being Organised: Learners will develop key techniques to help organise their work and priorities and manage their time effectively.
- Developing a Personal Progression Plan: Learners will develop the skills and behaviours needed to progress to the next stage in their learning, identifying progression opportunities and creating a plan to enable them to get there.
Followed by 3 sector units:
- Demonstrating Nail Art: Learners will have the opportunity, under supervision, to develop and practise skills in using basic nail art techniques.
- Responding to a Hair & Beauty Theme: Learners will develop the skills and techniques needed to produce a mood board and an image that communicate their hair and beauty ideas in response to a brief.
- Demonstrating Hair Styling: Learners will have the opportunity, under supervision, to develop and practise skills in hair management and styling.
Throughout each unit, learners are given opportunities to:
- carry out practical tasks
- present information that they have gathered
- keep working logbooks, records and reflective journals
- practise English and mathematical skills
- take part in oral or written presentations
- take part in role play, interviews and other activities.
There are currently no activities.