With many learners taking an exam or assessment this year, as parents or carers, you may be anxious or concerned about your child’s future, especially as they may have experienced some disruption to learning.
Our careers advisers are here to help you and your child with their next steps and we can offer you impartial careers information, advice and guidance over the phone and via our live-chat facility.
You are key to your child’s decision making and we can help you support them during this time.
So how can we help?
We’ve already been working with education partners on the Power Up campaign. You can access a range of resources now whilst they are sitting their exams and in the lead up to results day.
Careers advisers can provide advice on post-16 options including:
- sixth form and college;
- work-based learning;
- Jobs Growth Wales +;
- getting a job;
We can also explore post-18 options with you and your child, such as:
- higher education or going to university;
- apprenticeships and degree level apprenticeships;
- training opportunities and work experience;
- volunteering and gap years;
- going straight into employment;
When your child receives their GCSE, A level and vocational exam results, our expert careers advisers will be on hand to provide you and your child with tailored advice depending on their results and their career aspirations.
What about online resources you can use?
We also have a range of tools and resources available on careerswales.gov.wales which you can do with your child to help them think about their strengths and weakness and future careers aspirations.
Take the Career Match Quiz to find jobs that might suit your child.
You can also search for information on 100’s of different job titles on our Job Information page.
Need to get in touch with us?
- You can contact us by phone on 0800 028 4844;
- We have a Wales-wide live chat facility available via gov.wales and on workingwales.gov.wales where you can speak one to one with an adviser;
- Follow Careers Wales or Working Wales on social media;
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Visit the parents’ section of the Careers Wales website to access information and resources that will enable you to support your child as they make career decisions.
Cynghorydd Gyrfa | Careers Adviser
Gyrfa Cymru | Careers Wales