5th November 2021
I am writing to inform you that the upcoming Year 11 Parents’ Evening on Monday 22nd November will be held virtually. We have invested in software called School Cloud that will allow you to meet virtually with your child’s teachers. As a school we recognise the importance of being able to speak regarding the progress and wellbeing of your child face to face and we are pleased to be able to offer this opportunity in line with current Local Authority guidance.
By using School Cloud, parents and carers can choose their own appointment times from any internet connected device. You will no longer need to rely on your child to make appointments and you will no longer need to wait in line to see the teacher. Availability of all teachers are on one easy to read screen, allowing you to plan appointment times accordingly. You can also choose to include a short message to each teacher when booking appointments to help the teacher prepare for the discussion on the evening. The booking system is now live and can be accessed by visiting:
Please be aware that bookings will close on Friday 19th November at 9.00 am.
To access School Cloud you will need the following information:
- Your child’s full name
- Your child’s date of birth
- The parent/carer’s title, first name, surname and email address (this must match what we have on our school system)
How to make an appointment
Please visit this link: https://pontcomp.co.uk/2021/11/04/school-cloud-virtual-parents-evening-guide/ where you will find a walk through guide showing how to login to the system and make an appointment.
If you have any difficulty logging into the system please contact the school office on 01792 884556.
- Appointments are made on a first come first served basis.
- Please ensure that you have logged into the system 10-15 minutes before your first appointment.
- Google Chrome is the best browser option for running the system.
- When you have selected the green button at the top, to ‘join video appointments’, a screen will allow you to test your camera, microphone and speakers. Please ensure that all 3 are working before you move to the next screen.
- When your appointment is ready, select the ‘Start appointment’ button. You will need to do this for every appointment.
- Each video appointment will last for 5 minutes, with a 1 minute break between appointment times.
- Please make sure that if there are questions you wish to ask, you do so early on in the conversation as the appointments will automatically end after 5 minutes.
If you have a concern that requires a more lengthy conversation, we request that you contact the school at a separate time.
Mr Christopher Mitchell
Care, Support, Guidance Coordinator