Re: Provisional Centre Determined Grades
Friday 18th June 2021
Dear Year 11 pupil,
Please find attached the provisional Centre Determined Grades (CDGs) for all GCSE and vocational subjects you have studied in Key Stage 4. The grades have been determined by your teachers using evidence from work that you have produced during Year 10 and 11.
All GCSE courses that are in this report contain the provisional CDGs that will be submitted by the school to WJEC by Friday 2nd July. However, vocational courses such as BTEC and NCFE work in a slightly different way to WJEC courses. Grades in this report for vocational courses are current progress grades and these grades will not be finalised by the examination awarding body until GCSE results day in August. In addition, Additional Maths is also missing from this report and will not be awarded until August.
Learner Decision Records
If you believe that there may have been an error in the determination of your grade, you should ask the school to provide you with the learner decision-making record in the first instance. All teachers have completed a learner decision-making record for all pupils in their class. The decision-making record outlines all evidence that has been used to inform your provisional CDG.
If you are considering whether to ask for a centre review of any of your grades, the decision-making record for that subject will be shared with you upon request. You must contact the school by Tuesday 22nd June if you wish to see the learner decision-making record.
Requesting a Centre Review
- The centre review is an opportunity for learners to request a review where they consider an error has been made in the determination of their grade – the focus is on the overall grade not on the marking of individual assessments.
- There is no expectation that the school re-mark assessments.
- Pupils should briefly explain the nature of the error when requesting a centre review. All pupils wishing to request a centre review must complete the centre review template that can be found on our school website: https://pontcomp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Centre-Review-Request-Form.docx
- You should only request a review where you consider that the error has had a material effect on the accuracy of your grade.
- The centre review is not an opportunity for pupils to try and improve grades that have been determined fairly in accordance with the centre’s assessment and quality assurance processes and are supported by the evidence outlined in the learner decision-making record.
- The centre review is an opportunity for the school to check they have not made any errors in the determination of the grade.
- Grades can go up, down or remain the same following the centre review.
If you would like to request a centre review of one or more of your grades you must submit the centre review request form by Friday 25th June (7 days after the distribution of CDGs).
GCSE Results Day
GCSE results day is on Thursday 12th August this year. We are looking forward to welcoming you into school on that day to share your special moment of receiving what I am sure will be a successful set of results. Further details about results day will be sent out by the end of the summer term.
Finally, we would like to wish you all a restful and well-deserved summer break and we wish you all the very best in your future, whether that is continuing your education at college or sixth form school or in the world of work.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to get in touch with the school.
Mr. A. Owens