RE: Year 11 Transition additional information
This is a short letter to further prepare your child for the Year 11 transition days after half-term. A separate letter has been sent previously that outlined most of the arrangements and that can be found here: https://pontcomp.co.uk/2021/05/10/year-11-transition-assessment-arrangements-and-centre-designated-grades/
Following discussions with Gower College and Coleg Sir Gar some slight alterations have taken place and are outlined below:
- The Gower College sessions will run between lesson 1 and 3 on your child’s allocated day (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday).
- All pupils will have time with their form class and form tutor during lesson 4.
- Following lesson 4 pupils will be allowed to go home. You can either make arrangements for your child to be collected from school at 1.15 pm or they will be able to walk home.
- Pupils are welcome to stay and have lunch in the canteen and leave school after they have had lunch.
- If your child requires school transport to get home they will need to stay until 3.00 pm. Pupils will be allocated a room for lesson 5 with a member of staff present.
- Pupils are not required to wear school uniform.
- On Friday, pupils that have applied to Coleg Sir Gar will have transition related activities with Coleg Sir Gar staff from 8.45-11.00 am. Once the transition activities have finished pupils will be able to leave school at 11.00 am.
- If your child is attending school on any day next week to complete an assessment that they have missed before half-term they will be free to leave school as soon as they have completed the assessment.
Mr. C. Mitchell
Care, Support and Guidance Coordinator