BARCELONA SUMMER 2019
We have the opportunity to take a group of pupils in the current year 7 and 8 to Barcelona for 4 nights during the Whitsun half term holidays in 2019.
During our time in Barcelona we will experience the following:
- A tour round the large city of Barcelona taking in all the sights including Las Ramblas
- Visit the Olympic village used for the Barcelona Olympics
- Take a tour round the Nou Camp Stadium home of Barcelona FC
- Spend a day in Universal Studios theme park Port – Aventura equipped with lots of rides
- Have a meal at Planet Hollywood
- Spend a day at Waterworld Lloret Del Mar, one of Barcelona’s biggest Waterparks.
- Stay in a 4 star hotel with outdoor pool
- Explore the local town and sample the many ice cream flavours on offer
The dates of the trip will be during the Whitsun half term holiday, departing early morning on Monday 27th May and returning during the evening of Friday 31st May 2019.
The cost of the trip will be £700. This includes
- All transfers including flights
- 4 star half board accommodation,
- Entrance to Port Aventura Theme Park
- Entrance to Water Park
- Barcelona guided city tour
- Entrance fee for Nou Camp stadium
- Meal at Planet Hollywood
- Tour polo shirt
What is not included
All pupils who wish to go on this trip must have their own full passport. These will be collected during a parents evening in the spring term 2019 so that they can be kept in the school safe until our departure. If your child does not own a passport please allow plenty of time to apply for one as they can take up to 6 weeks to be processed.
One other important note is in respect of behaviour. We consider all school trips a privilege for pupils to attend. It is a significant responsibility for staff to have pupils in their care while away and with this in mind we expect the pupils who have signed up for the trip to have an acceptable level of behaviour leading up to and on the trip itself. If your child continually misbehaves and receives sanctions it may be necessary, in consultation with senior management , for your child to be removed from the trip. If this happens you will be refunded monies paid apart from the deposit which is non-refundable.
If your child is removed from the trip after 28th February 2019 it may not be possible to refund any monies as the final balance will have been paid.
This course of action is necessary to ensure the safety and wellbeing of both staff and pupils which is extremely important during an overseas visit. You will be advised in advance should your child’s behaviour be a cause for concern which could lead to withdrawal from the trip.
On this occasion there is a strict limit of 63 places, if you wish your child to attend the trip please can you complete the attached reply slip with an initial non refundable deposit of £140 (cash/cheque). The slip and deposit need to be handed into Mrs L Smith in the school office.
From June 2018 – February 2019 you will be required to pay £60.00 on the first of every month by setting up a standing order using the following details
Account Number – 57899368
Sort Code – 30-95-46
Reference – Pupils Name
Once you have paid your deposit it will be paid directly to the holiday company and will become non refundable.
If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to contact me in the school office.
Mrs L Smith
Click here to print a Parental Permission Slip for this trip.